If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop for your bookkeeping tools, this is your guide to helping you connect it with SuperOps.ai and manage your invoicing and billing across both tools.
(Using the cloud version of QuickBooks? Check out how to integrate QuickBooks Online with SuperOps.ai instead.)
Setting up the integration
Two things before you get started:
Ensure that you have the QuickBooks Desktop application installed on your machine, and you’re logged into your company account.
Make sure that you have QuickBooks Web Connector installed on your machine too. We support QuickBooks Web Connector versions 18.104.22.168 and newer. You can read more about this here.
Log in to SuperOps.ai and go to Settings > Marketplace > QuickBooks Desktop. Click Install on the right to begin the configuration process.
Download the QWC file from the configuration page and open it.
You’ll see a pop-up with information about your service host and web security certificate information. Click OK to proceed with access permissions.
4. Next, select Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running.
5. You’ll see a pop-up asking you to confirm the app’s access to QuickBooks. Click yes to proceed.
6. Leave the checkbox below that says “Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information” unchecked. Click "continue" to proceed.
7. You’ll see a summary of the access permissions you’ve selected. Click "done" to confirm the access permissions.
8. In the SuperOps.ai application,
Auto-run: Ensure that the Auto-run checkbox is ticked. This will ensure that the sync between both tools happens automatically.
Every-min: Choose how often you want QuickBooks Desktop to sync with SuperOps.ai. For example, if your Every-min value is 5, then QuickBooks Desktop will then sync with SuperOps.ai every 5 minutes.
Password: copy the unique password provided in SuperOps.ai’s configuration page, paste it into the password field you see below, and click OK.
9. Next, switch to SuperOps.ai’s QuickBooks Desktop configuration page (Settings > Marketplace > QuickBooks Desktop) and click Initiate Import under the configuration tab.
10. SuperOps.ai syncs with QuickBooks Desktop periodically, so the platform will automatically retrieve clients and service items from QuickBooks on the next sync cycle. You can also push data manually by selecting the SuperOps.ai application and clicking “Update selected” to start the mapping process right away.
11. Once the data’s fetched from QuickBooks Desktop, you can start mapping items such as clients, service items, and tax rates from QuickBooks Desktop to their respective counterparts in SuperOps.ai.
12. When you’re mapping tax rates, start with your tax preferences by selecting the tax code you use for non-taxable items. Once you’re done, you can start mapping items between both tools.
To effectively integrate your tax rates with QuickBooks, it is crucial to "map" them to QuickBooks ItemTaxCodes. SuperOps.ai facilitates this process by allowing you to map your tax rates to one of three different types of QuickBooks Desktop entities, depending on their usage.
Firstly, you can map your tax rates to an ItemSalesTax which is applied to the entire invoice but not individual lines. Secondly, you can map them to an ItemSalesTaxGroup which is also applied to the full invoice but not individual lines. Finally, you can map them to a SalesTaxCode which is only applicable to individual lines on an invoice.
It is important to note that a SalesTaxCode can solely be applied to individual line items or the tax rate field within the service catalog edit page. Therefore, when integrating your tax rates, carefully consider which QuickBooks entity to map them to, based on your specific use case.
13. Finally, you’ll need to select a deposit account. Select the account (usually undeposited funds unless specifically mentioned otherwise by your accountant) under the Account Information tab and click Save.
Once you're done, you can automatically push invoices generated for your clients in SuperOps.ai to QuickBooks Desktop automatically,
You can choose to push these invoices to QuickBooks Desktop globally or at a client level.
Viewing your imported clients and service items
Here's how you can view the service items and clients you've imported from QuickBooks:
To view your service items, click the settings icon on the pane to the left. Under MSP settings, you'll find the service catalog section, where all your service items imported from QuickBooks are listed.
2. To view your imported clients, click the module's icon on the pane to the left. Open the clients module under client management. Here, you can find all the clients that have been imported from QuickBooks into SuperOps.ai.
Woot! Your client and service item databases are now in sync, and your QuickBooks integration is now good to go. You can now start creating work logs, audit them, add them to your client's invoices, and push them to your clients through QuickBooks.