Using the default mailbox
Go to Settings > Domain and Email. On this page, you'll be able to set up your email and subdomain for your sales and support mailboxes.
There’s a default outgoing address and forwarding address that’s available by default.
3. If you’ve configured additional mailboxes, you can choose the default email address through which you want responses to be sent.
4. You can also copy the forwarding address to set up a forwarding rule in your mail server.
Adding additional custom mail servers
Click add new mailbox on the right to set up a new mailbox to personalize your client interactions.
Here, choose if you want to set up the mailbox with the default forwarding address, or connect to your own mail server. If you select default, enter the outgoing email address for this mailbox, and use the forwarding address to set up a forwarding rule accordingly.
3. If you choose to use your own mail server, then you can take two routes: you can sign in with OAuth if you’re using a Microsoft mail service, or configure the settings for the other mail servers.
Choose Microsoft as the email service, select if you want to use it for just outgoing emails, or both incoming and outgoing emails, and then click sign in with OAuth. Once you’re signed in, you’ll see the mailbox address listed below with the connection status.
4. If you’re using other mail servers, select Others and start filling in the details of the mail server. Here’s what you’ll need to provide:
Credentials: email ID and password of the mail server
IMAP server name and port number
SMTP server name and port number
If you're adding a Gmail mailbox, you'll need to enable an app-specific password in your Google account. Once enabled, you can use the password while configuring the mailbox within SuperOps.ai. Check out Google's guide on signing in with app passwords to see how you can do it.
Select whether you want to use SSL/TLS and click test connection to see if the connection to the mail server was successful.
5. If the connection was a success, you’ll see a connected badge right above the mailbox’s email address. If there was any issue while connecting to the mail server, you’ll see a relevant error message in the same spot to give you context on fixing the connection.
6. Once you’re done configuring the email address, you can personalize the email signature to ensure a fully white-labeled experience while using the mailbox for communication.
7. You can also use advanced settings to associate the mailbox with a specific client or a technician group. For example, if you have a large client and have a dedicated technician group for them, then you can use the mailbox to ensure that all tickets received through the mailbox are automatically assigned to the technician group.
8. You can also set a default reply template and use the #mailboxsignature placeholder to personalize the first response going out, regardless of the mailbox being used.