There’s a lot of collaboration involved in every request that the client makes. Say they need an extra set of printers for their office floor, and they come to you, you’ll need to work with your network of vendors to procure and set up these printers for them.
But these external conversations are disconnected from these requests and hard to keep track of. That’s why we’re introducing side conversations to make your life as a technician easier—a simple way to have frictionless external conversations in sync with your client's requests.
What are side conversations?
Side conversations are spaces where you can discuss any particular problem or plan of action with external stakeholders with respect to that ticket, quote, project, or invoice.
You will never miss a reply or lose context with the automation integrated with side conversations. You can organize all your business interactions in a single thread right from SuperOps.ai with the help of side conversations.
Side conversations enhance the technician experience and help MSP admins gain complete visibility into all communications around a work item.
To start a side conversation:
Navigate to Modules > Tickets
Click and choose the ticket you want to start the conversation for, from the list view of all tickets.
Under the Updates tab, you’ll find the ‘new side conversation’ button at the bottom of the page.
Click the “New Side Conversation” button to start the conversation.
5. You can also start a brand new conversation by clicking on ‘Start a new conversation’ under the Side Conversations tab, as shown below.
6. Enter the email address of the external stakeholder—whether it’s a vendor, an external consultant, or even another affiliate MSP—and elaborate on your requirements. Once you’re done, click send to send the email their way.
7. Since the conversation is initiated from a ticket, the previous discussions between the technician and the client will be appended to the new conversation to make it easier for you to set the context.
8. You can see a list of all the side conversations connected to this ticket as a list of collapsible threads. Technicians get an email notification whenever there’s a reply from any side conversation participants.
💡 SuperTip: You can also have side conversations with external stakeholders from a quote or invoice. This helps you keep track of the business transactions between the two parties.
9. You’ll also see a shiny little badge on the ticket view list that denotes when you’ve received a reply in the ticket list view.
Setting up event triggers for side conversations:
SuperOps.ai has introduced automation for side conversations, which helps you to manage replies from external stakeholders more easily. Event triggers perform specific actions when the specified conditions are met.
To set up an event trigger, go to the Settings page and scroll down to Automation, and select Event triggers.
Give a name and description for the event and choose to trigger the event every time a new side conversation reply is received as shown below.
3. Set the conditions and the action to be performed when the conditions are met. For example, when the approval status is set to “need more information," SuperOps.ai will automatically set the ticket as a high priority.
Note: ‘Match all conditions’ executes the rule only if ALL conditions are satisfied.
‘Match any’ executes the rule if ANY ONE of the mentioned conditions is satisfied.
Setting up email notifications for side conversations:
You can set up email notifications to notify you when you’ve received a reply from a stakeholder through side conversations.
You can customize this email notification by going to Settings > My MSP > Email Notifications. Under system notifications, click on side conversation reply as shown below.
3. Click the edit button on the right to customize and personalize the template. Click save once you’re done to save the template.