The ticket scheduler allows you to create recurring and scheduled tickets for routine maintenance tasks and one-time activities in the future.
How to create a ticket scheduler
1. Navigate to Settings > Automation > Ticket scheduler
2. Click the ‘Schedule Ticket’ button at the top right corner of the page.
3. Once you’re in, give the scheduler a name and a description.
4. Choose whether you want the ticket to be scheduled only once or periodically.
5. If you are creating the ticket to be scheduled periodically, then choose the conditions under which the schedule will take place.
For example, the ticket will be regularly scheduled every 2 months on the second Wednesday from Oct 20th to Dec20th, 2022.
📝 Note: You can also set the schedule to never end or repeat a particular number of times by choosing ‘never’ or ‘after’ from the drop-down list.
6. Once you are done, fill in the client details in the ticket form and give a name and description of the ticket.
7. You can also add ticket properties that help us prioritize the ticket.
8. After filling in all the details, click on the save button in the top right corner of the page.
Scheduling while creating a new ticket
1. Navigate to Create > Ticket
2. Fill in client details and instead of ‘save’, choose ‘Schedule Ticket’ from the drop-down list.
3. You will see a pop-up box, here, fill in the scheduler details as above and click save. The ticket is now successfully created.
4. MSPs can create a view or filter tickets that are scheduled by choosing the same from the "source" option.
5. To do that, navigate to Modules > Tickets and click on the + icon near Ticket Views
6. You will see a Create new ticket view page. Give a name for the ticket view and enter the conditions and choose the columns that you want to appear on the page.
7. Once you’re done, click Save to create the ticket view
📝 Note: The new tickets created from the scheduler have the following tag for easy identification.