Understanding how a new widget is created will put the relatively easier process of creating a new dashboard into perspective. Let's take a look at how to create a new widget.
To create a new widget:
1. Click on the "+widget" button in the top right corner of the dashboard page, or navigate to Create > Widgets.
2. You will see a pop-up for the new widget page. Add the widget's title and description.
3. Define a metric by choosing the required attribute and function from the corresponding drop-down menus, as shown below. Also, name the metric and add conditions as per your requirements.
4. For example, if you want to see the count of open tickets for all incident tickets, then the metrics will be as follows.
Conditions: The ticket type is Incident and the Status of the ticket is Open.
Note: Choosing "Match All Conditions" would only display results that satisfy all defined conditions. Alternatively, choosing any condition would display results that satisfy at least one or more conditions.
5. Depending on your requirements, you can group the metrics by various fields. We choose groups by technicians as our goal is to create a total ticket widget (status-wise) sorted by technicians.
6. You can choose to add up to 5 different metrics to a particular widget by clicking on the ‘Add Metric’ button.
7. Additionally, you can preview the widget before saving it in case you need to alter conditions. To do that, click the Preview button on the right side of the widget page.
8. You can change the graphic widget displayed as per your requirements from the drop-down box.
Note: If more than one metric has been defined, then the widget would look like this:
9. Click ‘Save’ when you're done.
Additionally, you can view specific ticket-level insights by clicking on the data table tab:
Note: You can edit the widget by clicking on the "Edit dashboard" button in the top right corner and changing the conditions as per your requirements.
We can now go ahead and create a dashboard using the defined widget.