Understanding how a new widget is created will put the relatively easier process of creating a new dashboard into perspective. Let's take a look at how to create a new widget.
To create a new widget:
1. Click on the ‘Create widget’ button on the top right corner from either window (widgets/dashboards) as shown below.
2. Add the new widget's title and description in the new widget window.
3. Define a metric by choosing the required attribute and the function from the corresponding drop-down menus as shown below:
You can choose from ticket, asset, alert, patch health, antivirus health, data backup health, invoices, and worklogs.
4. Name the metric and add conditions as per your requirements. For example, if you wish to create a widget for total tickets (status-wise) grouped by technicians :
The metric definition would be as shown below:
Attribute: Ticket count, Function: SUM (since we require total ticket count)
Choosing match All conditions would only display results that satisfy all defined conditions. Alternatively, choosing Any conditions would display results that satisfy at least one or more conditions.
The filter and group by conditions could be (depending on your requirements). We choose group by Technicians as our goal is to create a total ticket widget (status-wise) sorted by technicians.
5. You can change the graphic widget displayed as per your requirements from the drop-down box.
If more than one metric has been defined, then the widget would look like this
6. Click ‘Save’ when you're done.
Additionally, you can view specific ticket-level insights by clicking on the data table tab:
You can edit the widget by clicking on the ‘Edit dashboard’ button on the top right corner and changing the conditions as per your requirements.
We can now go ahead and create a dashboard using the defined widgets.