There are a lot of billable items when it comes to a ticket. The labor that needs to be billed for, the products that the client purchases from you—all of it needs to be accounted for, and billed.
With SuperOps.ai, all of that and more is made easier. Now, you can:
Track the amount of time the technician spends on the ticket using the auto-start timer
Manually add worklogs for the time that wasn’t tracked
Add products from your service catalog right from within the ticket
Quickly access and control all your running worklog timers
Worklog is a record of services an MSP provides to a client, which is used while generating the invoice.
Using the worklog timer
Navigate to Modules > Tickets and open a ticket.
Within the ticket, you will see the timer widget on the right side of the screen.
3. Choose a worklog service item from the drop-down list. (You can also set a default service item here on the Settings page. Scroll down to see how you can do it.)
4. You can add comments about the service provided in the comment section below.
5. Once you are done, click on the resume button to start the worklog timer.
6. Mark the service item as Billable by clicking on the billable icon at the bottom of the widget if you’d like to send this worklog to the invoice audit.
7. Click on the stop button once you’re done working on the ticket, and click save to create the worklog. You can also select if the added worklog hours need to be calculated using the after-hours cost by using the clock icon.
8. You can also configure the timer to auto-start when a technician opens the ticket that’s assigned to them for the very first time. Scroll down below to see how you can set this up.
💡SuperTip: You can easily keep track of your active timers by clicking on the Timer icon on the pane to the left. This feature allows you to manage your running/paused timers without going to the specific ticket page every time.
Creating worklogs manually
You can manually set worklogs for services you provided earlier.
Click on the Manual tab and choose a service item, add a date, and comments if any.
Once you are done, mark the worklog as billable or after-hours and click save for the worklog to be created.
Configuring time tracking
You have the space to configure default service items for worklogs and auto-start timers to record worklogs more accurately. Here’s how:
Navigate to Settings > Contracts and Billing > Time Tracking
Choose a default service item to be shown on the timer tab.
1. You can add items to the worklog by clicking Add Products on the top of the screen. Select the products you want to add and click ‘Done’ to add them to the ticket.
2. You can modify the price and quantity of the products in the Associated Products tab as shown below.
📝 Note: You can view all the worklogs created under the ticket below the worklog widget.
Once you’ve added the worklogs and products, they’ll be added to the invoice audit queue, where you can approve them to add them to the client’s invoice.