Learn how you can integrate with Acronis to back up and protect your clients’ information safe in case of emergencies.
Contingency plans for your customer’s data are a big part of disaster management and proactively keeping your clients safe and mitigating losses in case of an emergency. Using a robust data backup tool can streamline the process of backup and safe recovery, and vastly improve the security of your client’s data.
That’s why we integrated with Acronis, to make your contingency planning easier and support your clients with easy data backup and recovery.
What is Acronis?
Acronis is an all-in-one cybersecurity solution that helps MSPs protect their clients’ data, applications, and systems through state-of-the-art backup systems and complete online protection.
With this integration, you can sync your clients across both platforms, map protection plans for different clients in SuperOps.ai, and deploy Acronis automatically through the SuperOps.ai agent.
Now that we’ve covered what the integration can do for you, let’s talk about how you can configure Acronis to work with SuperOps.ai.
How you can set it up
Before you get started, please ensure that you have an active, paid Acronis subscription.
1. Click the settings icon on the pane to the left. On the settings page, scroll to the bottom, where you’ll find the marketplace page.
2. Inside the marketplace page, you’ll find the Acronis integration listed under the data backup section. Click the "Integrate" button on the right to start the configuration process.
3. Log in to Acronis, create an admin account solely to connect with SuperOps.ai, and enter the client ID and the client secret key in the fields provided and click connect.
4. Next, you can start mapping your clients between Acronis and SuperOps.ai. You can either map existing customers between SuperOps.ai and Acronis, create existing clients in SuperOps.ai as new clients in Acronis, or ignore the client records you don’t wish to map.
5. The next step is to assign the appropriate protection plans that will apply to all the clients you’ve mapped. Click the protection plan mapping tab to start assigning protection plans to clients.
6. In this tab, you’ll find a list of mapped clients in SuperOps.ai and the protection plans available in Acronis. Click the drop-down field to select a protection plan for each client, based on the level of protection they require.
Woot! You’re done with the configuration process. Now, you can enable Acronis for your clients on a policy level by activating it for the policy sets of your choice. In the policy management settings, open a policy set, and select the data backup section from the left panel. Click the toggle to activate Acronis.
You can override the protection plans mapped to clients during configuration here. Select the clients and the new protection plans that will apply to the clients and click save to put the new protection plans in place.
Once the policy has been applied, Acronis will be automatically installed in all the assets that the policy applies to through the SuperOps.ai agent.
Within the asset, you can see the following information:
Status of the asset
The protection plan applied to the asset
Last run time, next scheduled run time, and last successful run time
Cyber fit score - a score that combines a variety of security metrics to indicate the asset’s overall security posture
Can't find the integration you're looking for in SuperOps.ai? Let us know! We'd love to co-build the product with you and make it a part of our product roadmap.