Any asset that is automatically monitored and fetched by the agent comes under the monitored asset category. By default, the agent captures a set of information displayed under the summary section of the asset details page.
In addition to the above, it is also possible to create custom fields to input further information that is required.
📝 Note: Asset classes are automatically generated based on the scanned assets. Currently, SuperOps.ai supports Windows and mac agents.
To create custom fields for capturing asset information:
1. Navigate to Settings > Asset Class > Windows Policy or Mac Policy.
2. Drag and drop any of the default available fields or create custom fields by dragging one of the basic components.
📝 Note: The default fields are available based on what the agent captures automatically and are not modifiable.
Once you add a basic component, you can edit the component details by clicking on the pencil icon on hover and clicking ‘Save’.
You cannot create more than 30 custom fields for an asset class.
Please keep in mind there are also character restrictions for the different fields that you create.
Multi-line text - 65,535 characters
Text - 255 characters
Number - 10 digits
Decimal - 10 digits for the whole number part and 2 digits for the fractional part
Options limit - 64 options
Options character length limit - 255 characters
Setting up common custom fields
You can also add common custom fields for your assets. Every custom field that you add as a common field will be reflected in both Mac and Windows assets.
To add a common custom field, enable the toggle button as shown below:
2. Once done, click Save to add the new common custom field successfully.
3. Here, the common custom field was created for Windows assets, and it will be visible in Mac assets also.
4. Moreover, deleting a common custom field on one OS will reflect on all other OSs.
📝 Note: A custom field that already exists cannot be converted to a common field.